Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB)
Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB), Bhopal has been assigned to conduct a Common Entrance Test for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy Courses by the Government of Madhya Pradesh across the state. The Common Entrance Test is named as Pre-Engineering & Pharmacy Test (PEPT) and those candidates who will clear this exam successfully will be eligible for admission to B.E., B.Arch., B.Pharm. or D.Pharm Courses in Government, self-governing and private professional institutes in Madhya Pradesh.
MP PEPT has different set of patterns for students applying for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy Courses.
The Question Paper of the Engineering section of MP PEPT is a 200 marks multiple-choice objective type paper of 3 hours duration. There are 100 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from Physics and 50 questions from either of Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology. While Questions from Mathematics and Physics are compulsory for all Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology are optional subjects. One mark is awarded for every right answer and zero marks for every wrong answer. There are no negative markings in MP PEPT Exam.
The Question Paper of the Pharmacy section of MP PEPT is also a 200 marks multiple-choice objective type paper of 3 hours duration. There are 100 questions from Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as optional subjects, 50 questions from Physics and 50 questions from Chemistry. While Questions from Physics and Chemistry are compulsory for all Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology are optional subjects. Marking pattern is same as mentioned above.
The MP PEPT Entrance Exam questions are from the basic Syllabus of Higher Secondary Examination in Madhya Pradesh or its equivalent examination.
Choose the subjects to start your online Test
Candidates appearing for MP PET Entrance Exam should not be more than 21 years of age on October 1 of the year of admission (relaxable by 3 years in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates).
To be eligible for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy Courses opted in the MP PEPT Entrance Exam a candidate should fulfil the following criterion:
1. The candidate is a Citizen of India.
2. The candidate has been educated in an educational institution located in M.P. for at least three consecutive years during the five years period from the year of examination.
3. The candidate is a bonafide resident of M.P.
4. The candidate is a son or daughter of
· (a) An employee or a pensioner of the Government of M.P. or an employee of the Government of M.P. who died while in service of the State or an officer of the All India Services borne on the cadre of M.P.
· (b) A Central Government employee including employee of Defence Establishments, employee of Post & Telegraph Dept. or the Railways or an employee of a public sector undertaking posted and stationed in M.P. on or before January 1, of the year of examination till the date of admission.
· (c) A person settled in M.P. under any resettlement scheme sanctioned by the Government of India or the State Government of M.P.
· The pre-requisite Educational Qualification for appearing in MP PEPT Entrance Exam is that the candidates should have passed or appeared for the following examinations with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects for pursuing Engineering courses and studied Biology for the Pharmacy Test and obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates):
· (a) 12th Class Examination of 10+2 scheme of Higher Secondary Board, Madhya Pradesh.
· (b) Any equivalent or higher examination conducted by a recognized Board or a recognized university.
· (c) Those who have passed final year Diploma in any Engineering branch of Madhya Pradesh Board of Technical Education Bhopal/Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal.