GK Questions and Answer, GK Quiz
1: Who is the author of Jain Kalpasutra?
- Sandhyakar Nandy
2: What does 'Vedatrayi' means in the Vedic Culture?
- First Veda
- Trio of first three Vedas
- Trio of last three Vedas
- All four Vedas
3: What is the old name of Punjab during Indus Valley Civilization?
4: Who is the author of Vikramanka Devacharita?
- Vallal Sen
- Sandhyakar Nandy
5: What does 'Brahma' means in the word 'Brahmans' in Vedic Culture?
6: Which is the most accepted dating period of Harappan Valley Civilization?
- 2500 BC-1750 BC (By C-14 dating)
- 2500 BC-1250 BC (By C-14 dating)
- 1500 BC-1750 BC (By C-14 dating)
- 3500 BC-1850 BC (By C-14 dating)
7: What is the first discovered site of Indus Valley Civilization?
8: Due to the presence of which of the following substances are cork cells impervious to water?
9: What are Oncogenes?
- They are genes present in prokaryotic cells.
- They are tumor inducing genes.
- They are ancestral genes.
- They are genes inhibiting cell divisions.
10: Which among the following is the definition of a plasmid?
- It is a component of the cell wall.
- It is a part of the plasma membrane.
- It is a vesicle full of digestive enzymes.
- It is an extra-chromosomal genetic element.
11: Among the following, which one is a physical basis of life?
12: By which of the following is the transfer of genetic information from one generation to the other accomplished?
- messenger RNA
- transfer RNA
- both (b) & (c)
13: Among the following, which one is/ones are found in plant cells but not found in animal cells?
- Cell wall and lysosome
- Mitochondria and Golgi apparatus
- Plastid and cell wall
14: Among the following cell organelles, which one functions as the "Powerhouse of a living cell"?
- Golgi apparatus
15: The moisture content of food grains at the time of harvesting should not be higher than what percentage, to ensure safe storage?
- 14 percent
- 16 percent
- 18 percent
- 20 percent
16: Among the following chemicals, which one is most suitable to control storage insects on a small scale?
- B. H. C.
- E. D. B.
17: By applying which of the following means is the multiplication of large number of identical plants done?
- tissue culture
18: To eliminate which of the following are Herbicides used?
- plant diseases
19: 'Green Manure' refers to
- Putting farmyard manure.
- Putting NPK manure.
- Applying slurry manure obtained from gobar gas plants.
- Growing leguminous crops and ploughing it.
20: Vessels of which of the following metals or alloy should not be used to preserve citrus fruit products?