Which of the following chemical compounds are used to coat the tape of a tape recorder?

Options :
  1. Zinc oxide
  2. Copper sulphate
  3. Manganese dioxide
  4. Ferromagnetic powder

Answer and Explanation :-

Answer: Option 4

An audio tape recorder, tape deck or tape machine is an audio storage device that records and plays back sounds, including articulated voices, usually using magnetic tape, either wound on a reel or in a cassette, for storage. The tape consists of a plastic backing coated with a thin layer of tiny particles of magnetic powder. The magnetic powder is a metallic magnetic powder containing iron as the major constituent. The recording head of the tape deck consists of a tiny C-shaped magnet with its gap adjacent to the moving tape. The incoming sound wave, having been converted by a microphone into an electrical signal, produces a time-varying magnetic field in the gap of the magnet. As the tape moves past the recording head, the powder is magnetized in such a way that the tape carries a record of the electric signal. On playing back the tape past the recording head, the signal is reproduced and then converted through a loudspeaker into the original sound wave.

How do you rate this queston?  Very Easy  Easy  Average  Above Average  Tough

Previous Question : In which of the following electrical appliances one can observe the conversion of electrical energy ...

Next Question : The principle of generation of induced current in a coil by rotating it in a magnetic field is used ...

Click here for free online test on General Science

(Getemail alerts when others member replies)

God is the source of my supply. His riches flow to me freely, copiously, and abundantly. All my financial and other needs are met at every moment of time and point of space there is always a divine surplus.
-Joseph Murphy