Among the following Indian cities which is the one not situated on the bank of river Godavari?

Options :
  1. Nanded
  2. Khammam
  3. Rajahmundry
  4. Nashik

Answer and Explanation :-

Answer: Option 2

Nanded is the second largest city in the Marathwada Division of Maharashtra, India, and the headquarters of Nanded district. Nanded is of great historical significance for Sikhs, and it has many Sufi shrines as well. The city is situated on the north bank of the Godavari River. Rajahmundry is one of the major cities in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is located in EastGodavari district. The city is known as the Cultural Capital of Andhra Pradesh. It is situated 400 kilometres (249 mi) east of the state capital, Hyderabad, on the banks of the River Godavari. Nashik is a city in western India in the state of Maharashtra. Nashik is located in the north-west of Maharashtra, 171 km (106 mi) from Mumbai and 210 km (130 mi) from Pune and is the administrative headquarters of the Nashik District and Nashik Division. Nashik is located on the banks of the Godavari which originates in the south-west of the city at Trimbakeshwar. Khammam is the headquarters of the Khammam District in the Telangana state of India and is located about 193 kilometres (120 mi) east of state capital, Hyderabad. On October 19, 2012 AP govt announced Khammam city as Municipal Corporation, adding 14 villages around it, which developed in business with the town. The City is located on the banks of a river called Munneru which is a tributary of the Krishna River.

How do you rate this queston?  Very Easy  Easy  Average  Above Average  Tough

Previous Question : India is separated from which of the following nations by the Palk Strait?

Next Question : Among the following mineral elements, India is the largest producer and exporter of which one?

Click here for free online test on Geography

(Getemail alerts when others member replies)

I don't see myself being special I just see myself having more responsibilities than the next man. People look to me to do things for them, to have answers.
-Tupac Shakur