The Government has assigned regulatory powers to which of the following institutions, to prevent recurrence of scams in Indian Capital Market?

Options :
  1. RBI
  2. SBI
  3. SEBI
  4. ICICI

Answer and Explanation :-

Answer: Option 3

Explanation:

The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in the year 1988 and given statutory powers on 12 April 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992. It was officially established by The Government of India in the year 1988 and given statutory powers in 1992 with SEBI Act 1992 being passed by the Indian Parliament. SEBI has its Headquarters at the business district of Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai, and has Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Regional Offices in New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Ahmedabad respectively. SEBI was primarily set up to regulate the activities of the merchant banks, to control the operations of mutual funds, to work as a promoter of the stock exchange activities and to act as a regulatory authority of new issue activities of companies. The SEBI was set up with the fundamental objective, "to protect the interest of investors in securities market and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto." SEBI has many powers for stopping fraud in capital market. It can ban on the trading of those brokers who are involved in fraudulent and unfair trade practices relating to stock market. It can impose the penalties on capital market intermediaries if they involve in insider trading.

How do you rate this queston?  Very Easy  Easy  Average  Above Average  Tough

Previous Question : Among the following cash and non-cash payment instruments, which one is referred as 'Legal Tender Mo...

Next Question : 'Euro' was introduced as a new currency in which of the following years?

Click here for free online test on Economy

Responses

(Getemail alerts when others member replies)

It is true. Indeed, that is why I dared not speak. I have yearned to be again at the side of my beloved Arianllyn, and my thoughts are with her now. But had I chosen to return, I would ever wonder whether my choice was made through wisdom or following the wishes of my own heart. I see this is as it must be, and the destiny laid upon me. I am content to die here.
-Lloyd Alexander The Black Cauldron