On which of the following individuals was the title 'Punjab Kesari' conferred?

Options :
  1. Ranjit Singh
  2. Bhagat Singh
  3. Lala Lajpat Rai
  4. Sardar Baldev Singh

Answer and Explanation :-

Answer: Option 3

Explanation:

Lala Lajpat Rai was an Indian Punjabi author and politician who is chiefly remembered as a leader in the Indian fight for independence from the British Raj. He was popularly known as 'Punjab Kesari' meaning 'The Lion of Punjab', also known as 'Sher-E- Punjab' in Punjabi. He was part of the Lal Bal Pal trio. He was also associated with activities of Punjab National Bank and Lakshmi Insurance Company in their early stages. He sustained serious injuries by the police when leading a non-violent protest against the Simon Commission and died less than three weeks later. His death anniversary (November 17) is one of several days celebrated as Martyrs' Day in India.

How do you rate this queston?  Very Easy  Easy  Average  Above Average  Tough

Previous Question : The Poona Sarvajanik Sabha was founded in 1870 by which of the following eminent persons?

Next Question : 'Father of Indian Renaissance' was a title associated with which of the following leaders of society?

Click here for online test on Famous Personalities

Responses

(Getemail alerts when others member replies)

Lord, help us root our feet to the earthAnd our eyes to the roadAnd always remember the fallen angelsWho, attempting to soar,Were seared instead by the sun and, wings melting,Came crashing back to the sea.Lord, help root my eyes to the earthAnd stay my eyes to the roadSo I may never stumble.-Psalm 4 (From "Prayer and Study," The Book of Shhh)
-Lauren Oliver Delirium