Which of the following renowned social reformers founded the Arya Samaj?

Options :
  1. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
  2. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
  3. Swami Vivekananda
  4. Gopal Krishna Gokhale

Answer and Explanation :-

Answer: Option 1

'Arya Samaj' is a Hindu reform movement founded by Swami Dayananda Saraswati on 7 April 1875. He was a Sannyasi or renouncer who promoted the Vedas. Since Aryans were considered as noble people and 'Samaj' means the group of persons, hence 'Arya Samaj' aimed to let the whole world be made noble, the world of Aryans, men of noble qualities deed and nature. There is no knowledge better than truth and there is no sin greater than falsehood. This is the main objective of 'Arya Samaj'. Thus 'Arya Samaj' is not a sect, nor any religion or faith based on any new ideology of any caste, creed or class. It is a movement of reform and the renaissance in all the fields of life it is the society of noble person propagating the eternal truth of the Vedas to make the life of human beings more purposeful and full of happiness.

How do you rate this queston?  Very Easy  Easy  Average  Above Average  Tough

Previous Question : Which of the following female political activists was known as the 'Heroine of 1942 Quit India Movem...

Next Question : Which of the following eminent persons founded the technique of Psychoanalysis?

Click here for free online test on Famous Personalities

(Getemail alerts when others member replies)

I always secretly looked forward to nothing going as planned. That way, I wasn't limited by my imagination. That way, anything can, and always did, happen.