The national public radio broadcaster, 'All India Radio', was set up in which year?

Options :
  1. 1947
  2. 1950
  3. 1927
  4. 1936

Answer and Explanation :-

Answer: Option 4

Explanation:

History of Indian Radio is the history of radio broadcast that started in India with the setting up of a private radio service in Madras (now Chennai), in the year 1924. In that same year, British government gave license to the Indian Broadcasting Company, a privately owned company, to launch Radio stations in Bombay (now Mumbai) and Calcutta (now Kolkata). The first ever news bulletin in the country went on the air from the Bombay Station on July 23, 1927. A month later on August 26, 1927 another bulletin in Bengali was started from the Calcutta Station. Until 1935, two bulletins, one each in English and Hindustani were broadcast from Bombay and a bulletin in Bengali was broadcast from Calcutta. The Indian Broadcasting Company went into liquidation in March, 1930 following which broadcasting came under the direct control of the Government of India. The service was designated as the Indian State Broadcasting Service. It was renamed All India Radio on June 8, 1936.

How do you rate this queston?  Very Easy  Easy  Average  Above Average  Tough

Previous Question : The World Environment Day is celebrated across the world on

Next Question : The 'French Revolution' began in which of the following years?

Click here for free online test on Days and Years

Responses

(Getemail alerts when others member replies)

[God says] Discipleship is not limited to what you can comprehend - it must transcend all comprehension. Plunge into the deep waters beyond your own comprehension, and I will help you to comprehend even as I do. Bewilderment is the true comprehension. Not to know where you are going is the true knowledge. My comprehension transcends yours.
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer The Cost of Discipleship